Inept service

• Before purchasing and throughout the process of making my site I asked customer service if any of the features I was using would be changed or taken away once my business plan expired. They said I wasn’t using any special features so nothing would change. So I bought the business plan, now here we are…..I have a site that has tons of things missing because your customer service lied to me. Not only did I pay, when I wouldn’t have if that was the case, but now I am left with a bunch of work. Thanks a lot.

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I checked back through your past support interactions and was able to find that conversation from Oct. 8th 2022:

Support: “After canceling your Business plan, the site will be reverted back to the state it was in just before you installed your first plugin or custom theme. All plugins & custom themes will be removed, but all eligible content will be imported back onto the site, so your pages & media will still be available/working on the free plan. Only content generated by / created using plugins will be removed.

tcgrahamtc: “okay, so I haven’t used any plugins. So I should be good then. Just checking though, by custom templates….I used a template block under call to action…but that’s not considered custom template correct?”

Support: Correct, I can confirm your site is using one of our themes, so that theme will remain active regardless of your plan

I can confirm that at the time that conversation took place there was nothing about your site that would be lost if you were to downgrade the site from the Business Plan. However, that assurance would no longer apply if you were to add plugins and/or a custom theme to your site, and it appears that you may have added those since that conversation took place.

As mentioned initially, you will need the Business plan to be active on your site if you wish to continue to use 3rd party plugins and theme. If you wish you can upgrade your site to the Business Plan again, and that will allow us to restore your site from our business site backups. Once your site is restored, if cost is an issue you would have the option to migrate to self-hosted WordPress site, which are sites that you create on a “traditional web host” like Bluehost, GoDaddy, etc.

If you are looking for a good web host for your self-hosted site, we recommend the following providers, who all offer easy-to-use wizards to help you get your first WordPress site set up and running: http://get.wp.com/hosting

That said, most major web hosting providers will work, so you can shop around for the best price as long as you confirm they support WordPress sites on their hosting.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Inept service’ is closed to new replies.