indent / tab key

• How can I get things vertically under each other in one line? I want to put dates and names in a row like this:

500-1000 blah blah

1500-1600 yaddah yaddah

1950- boo boo

And then “blah” “yaddah” and “boo” in one line under each other. I tried several solutions from the forum, using indent and all, but that only puts the blah-yaddah-booh in a new line. I want the date NOT indented, just the text.

How can I do it? Like using the tab key in MS Word.

TIA.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You could do it if you can write a table. Otherwise, I don’t know how you’d do that.

• There may be other ways, but try this:

500-1000
    <span style="padding-left: 30px;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.</span>
    <span style="padding-left: 30px;">Nulla congue sem ac dolor. Phasellus mollis vestibulum eros. Sed massa diam,</span>
    1500-1600
    <span style="padding-left: 30px;">Nullam eu enim a arcu aliquam fermentum.</span>
    <span style="padding-left: 30px;">Aenean ut nisl. Pellentesque facilisis orci sit amet ante.</span>

Note: the text between the start span (<span) and end span (</span) must be short enough to fit in one line of your theme otherwise it will wrap unindented, like a paragraph indent.

• @raincoaster: I was afraid of that. I know how to do it (the Internet’s great, a google search on “html code” and “table” works miracles) and I did it once before, but it’s a massive amount of work. But:

@1tess: It worked!!! I thought I had tried this before, but I must have done something wrong, because it kept going to the next line as a paragraph. This time it really worked. Thanks so much for the clear explanantion and the code. You’re the best!

• You are most welcome.

• The topic ‘indent / tab key’ is closed to new replies.