Inactive email address associated with old blog

• I set up a blog with my student email account a few years ago and I have since forgotten my password. Now, I no longer have access to my student email account, which I thought I changed on WP prior to it being frozen. Is there anyway I can regain access to my old blog without that email account being active?

My other username is adammillion … and the site is adammillion.wordpress.com.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Do you know the API key for the blog? http://en.support.wordpress.com/api-keys/ I’m asking because Staff have to have you prove to them that you are indeed the person who registered the blog. http://en.support.wordpress.com/email-address/

• thank you, timethief. I don’t know the API key for the blog. Is there any other way to prove to them that I am indeed the person who registered the blog? Or, am I stuck with the last line of the password page: “Your data – your responsibility”?

• We’ll need either an email from the email address attached to the blog or confirmation of the account’s API key to restore access.

If you don’t have either, I recommend that you just keep trying passwords. You might remember it over night.

• I have an email that I forwarded to my new email address from the email account attached to the blog. Will that work?

Unfortunately, I’ve been trying various passwords for a while now, and I can’t figure it out.

thanks. i appreciate the assistance.

• No, we cannot accept forwarded emails. We would need to receive it from the actual account.

• Well, I’ll keep trying passwords, I guess. My school account was closed back in October, and unfortunately, I didn’t think to adjust the account associated with my blog.

• If I could access my email account, then I could actually open the change password links that WordPress sends to that account and I wouldn’t have this problem.

How do I send wordpress/techs an email from the account that is no longer active? It has been closed by the university because I graduated last spring. If there is a way for me to get you an email from an account I can’t access, then please let me know how.

Thank you for your help.

• You would need to ask the university to temporarily restore the account.

• The topic ‘Inactive email address associated with old blog’ is closed to new replies.