IMPOSSIBLE TO USE OR EVEN SEE MY BLOG

• Hello,

I posted this on the french forum but they adviced me to go there because they couldn’t help me.

Indeed, I can’t use, modify my blog, or even see it. (even the other internet users can’t see it, when they open my blog eveything starts bugging – you can try it – nothing appear and its the same for me)

Anyway, I can’t do anything anymore !! It’s a blog with youtube videos mainly, do you think it’s too heavy ? What can I do to fix that ? It’s a real professionnal project and I really wish I can save it. I’m scare that I have to start all over again on an other hosting service provider… (with the possibilty that it will do the same elsewhere!)

Thanks a lot, I hope you will be able to help me.

Chloé

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Is this for the site at https://soundtracklitteraire.wordpress.com/ ?

That site loads fine for me and I don’t see any problems if I try to view or use it.

Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies? You can find instructions here:

Browser Issues

Also please try a different browser, and try resetting your modem/router by unplugging it for a few seconds in case it’s a connection issue.

• Hi !

Thanks for your answer.

It’s weird because on the french forum people had the same problem than me. They weren’t able to see the blog. and yes it’s that site.

It’s not a connection issue because it’s been month that it’s like that and even for my friend or unknown people who have a different browser and not the same connection…

I’m gonna try the cookie stuff and will tell you if it’s work.

Thank you

• FWIW I am in Canada on a PC running Windows 10 and Firefox 49.0 and I can view that site.

• Okay so I did what you told me to do and still doesn’t work… not only for me..
    I don’t understand how can you guys be able to see it !!!

Me it’s charging like for years, in fact never stop.

• And on Safari it’s the same..

• I tried to visit your site and after five minutes it still hadn’t fully loaded. I think you’ve just got too much content/images/video all on the front page so slower internet connections will be timing out.

• Ok thanks ! So what should I do ?
    I don’t even know how to not put articles on the front page lol… and still i will not be able to do it because I can’t even have an access to the configuration things. I’m gonna try but..

• Ok I may have access to the configuration menu. Do you know how to put nothing or just an “about” maybe on the front page ?

Thanks a lot

• You can go into your “settings” “reading” and change how many posts load when people first visit your site, and disable infinite scroll if that is on.

https://soundtracklitteraire.wordpress.com/wp-admin/options-reading.php

• @janiaudchloe

You have almost no media on that site, and it loads almost instantly for me. And I have pretty slow internet. The number of Youtube videos in that first post might create problems, though. I’d suggest just adding the Read More tag early in that post so only part of the post displays on the front page. You add that tag by editing the post and inserting it via a button in the editor toolbar, as explained here:

More Tag

Who is your ISP? Do you know if the other people having trouble loading your site use the same ISP? And are you able to open other WordPress.com blogs?

If a number of people in the same country or area has a problem loading the site it’s more likely that this is a problem with your ISP, or even a block at a country level. ISPs and governments sometimes block the IP addresses of sites that have, according to them, illegal content. The problem is sites on WordPress.com share IP addresses, so they end up blocking other sites as well.

Can you please get in contact with your ISP and ask them if they might be blocking any sites on WordPress.com or maybe have other technical difficulties? If possible, also check if using a proxy or a VPN connection makes any difference:

Bypassing Internet Restrictions

• The topic ‘IMPOSSIBLE TO USE OR EVEN SEE MY BLOG’ is closed to new replies.