Importing with category

• Hello

I’m new to blogging. I just read doc section about importing. Sorry if I missed the answer.

I may not always want to post an article through WP Admin. I may want to post from email, or automate some posts via an RSS 2.0 feed. Is there a way to import a post into a specific category, or will they always end up uncatagorized?

• Imnporting is for moving an entire blog from one place into your blog here at WP.com. It’s different from what you are trying to do.

It depends on what you’re using to post with. We’ve discussed email posting here a few times already. (Do a search for email as we’ve even discussed this within the last 24 hours.) That is currently not an available feature but is planned on in the future.

WordPress allows posting from off site via the xmlrpc.php file. Again, withou tknowing the method that you are using, there’s not a whole lot we can help with. I will mention that WordPress supports the Blogger, metaWeblog, and MoveableType APIs if that helps. You can find a list of clients here.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

• The topic ‘Importing with category’ is closed to new replies.