Import technology from Blogger

• Hello.

Does anybody know how exactly is working import from Blogger?

For example, I am importing blogger blog in wordpress blog today and I will import it another one time after month (with new posts and comments in both blogs).

Will old posts and comments duplicated, replaced or mixed and updated?

• Hi there,

Can you confirm the URL for the WordPress site you are planning to import your Blogger content to, just for clarity?

There’s a pretty great guide for folks importing their content from Blogger to WordPress right here which I would highly recommend reading as a way to get started. It has step-by-step instructions: https://en.support.wordpress.com/coming-from-blogger/

• I was reading this.
    There is not an answer.

• Hi allanproblog,

Let me see if I can assist you.

WordPress has made it easy to import your posts, comments, and users from your Blogger blog by running their importer tool. First, login to Blogger and export the content you want to bring to WordPress in a .xml file. Once you have this file, come back to WordPress and go to your Settings for the website you wish to import this content and scroll down to click on Import.

When you reach the Import page, click on “Other Importers” to go to the import page of your website admin. From there, you can click on “Run Importer” right under Blogger and upload your .xml file to your WordPress site!

Everything that is exported into the .xml file will be imported by WordPress, so duplicates are likely to happen if the imported content is the same. If you are hoping to only bring in specific content from Blogger to WordPress, you’ll need to contact Google support to find out if they have an option to let you select which content to export into a .xml file from Blogger.

Let me know if this answers your question!

• Everything that is exported into the .xml file will be imported by WordPress, so duplicates are likely to happen if the imported content is the same.

This is what I wanted to know. Thank you!

• Glad to hear it! You’re welcome and good luck with your import! If this issue is resolved for you, please don’t forget to mark it as such. ^^

• The topic ‘Import technology from Blogger’ is closed to new replies.