Images not loading

• Images are not loading since today.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m having the same problem. Images not loading.

The blog I need help with is voxpopulisphere.com

• Same here. Hundreds of images going back over years of posts — gone. They were visible as recently as yesterday.

• Unbelievable. Mine were visible yesterday as well. Hope the guys from WordPress know what’s going on and they are able to fix it.

• Seconding this for visibility (I have no idea how this forums works, but surely can’t hurt)

So, I have the same problem, started about 10-12 hrs. ago, not 100% sure. I’m on “Creator” Plan, but apparaently this has nothing to do with the problem, but who knows?

So, what’s going on:

1.) Some of my posts (some old, some new) no longer show some images in editor view, BUT the images seem to be displayed on page view. (Had it checked by friends on different devices & browsers, too)

2) with other pictures it’s the other way around: i see them in my editor, but they are nevertheless unavailable in actual page view

3) some pictures are simply not there, neither in edit nor page view.

Furthermore, the problem affects different pictures at different times since. Some reappear, or disappear again, so i suspected early it might be something on “their” side.

Fittingly, the biggest mess seems to be the media library itself at the moment: I currently only see about 10-20% of my images displayed with thumbnail, the rest just per file name but otherwise blank; however, all image files are in fact there; and when i click an empty thumbnail and pick “edit picture”, indeed the picture is there; to make sure, I also just downloaded the whole library and “checked the loot” on my computer drive: all files/pics are valid.
    By the way, despite the library being in this state (80-90% “loss”), the problem mentioned above – displays not showing on posts – affects about “only” about 5% of my images, and independent whether they are displayed in the library or not.

Between the affected and not affected images, I can see no pattern emerging. Some smaller files (200-500K) are displayed, some are not. Some of my larger images (2-5MB) are displayed, some are not. Pngs, Jpegs, no matter. Uploaded first into library vs. copy/pasted into draft, I used both methods over time, but again, makes no difference in today’s issue.

Finally, none of this was a problem until about 10-12 hrs ago, before, everything worked fine, so again: I don’t think it’s anything on my end.

• Update from here. Problem seems to be solved, at least here: Library and posts are back in shape it seems. So everybody reading this might want to look into things on their ends, too.

If this holds up, my thanks to whoever fixed it, but seriously: You need to communicate with your customers more. I’ve seen staff members walk about other threads here all the while this had been going on. A simple “We got some problem with XXXX, somebody is working on it, don’t panic, don’t pull your posts apart” would have sufficed.

• @sashathebee My images are all visible like before. Problem seems to be solved indeed. How about you @msimms2014 and @fourcolorglasses ?

• The topic ‘Images not loading’ is closed to new replies.