Images broken

• Some images on site are showing a broken symbol. They previously were there but now they are not showing up.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Also having this problem with adding new images.

• I am having this problem as well. Images are giving an Nginx error both when trying to render thumbnails and when I click through to view them full size. It seems to be mostly affected images I uploaded at some point in 2023. Haven’t tried uploading any new ones today, but some of my more recent uploads are showing as expected. Bringing up my media library to select a previously uploaded images shows ALL of them as broken, even the ones already embedded in articles that display fine.

• Just want to note that clearing cache, updating browser, does not resolve the issue.

• I’m having the same problem as well. Website will not accept new images and older stored images are disappearing as well.

• Hello!

We’ve had multiple users who have reported this issue, and our developers are currently working to replicate and resolve it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for the fix, but please be assured that we are working diligently to resolve the issue promptly.

Thank you!

• Any updates on this? I am having the same issue and can’t seem to resolve..

• Same here since yesterday. My blog suddenly stopped showing images for visitors: opening the image link in a new tab (as a visitor) shows a 404 error. However, all my images show up fine when I log in and view my blog in the editor. This concerns images I uploaded to the media folder.

I tried it on multiple devices and locations, so it isn’t a local problem. I also tried editing and saving one of my posts to see if it would refresh, but to no avail, nor did changing themes. I’m on the free plan and use no plugins.

• @abigailjaske @ybeumkes We’ve received reports indicating that the issue has been resolved on its own since it’s initial report.

Could you please provide links to the specific posts or pages where the problem occurred initially? This will allow us to notify the appropriate team and ensure everything is in order. Thank you for your assistance!

• @staff-heroponriki It occurs on every one of my posts. See for example my most recent one here. If we take the first image, for example, we see that it links to this, which say that the image doesn’t exist (404). When I log in and open the same post in the editor, that image instead links to this, which is working just fine. Similarly for all other images.

• 2024-03-16T13:37:19
    WP
    Images don’t appear on my blog.
    Started
    This is a new issue, it was working just fine before. Now, it only works when I try to edit a page or post, but when I click on preview, it gives me an error, and the images won’t appear. All images don’t work on the blog. Please fix this as soon as possible. For example, this is the image address in the edit section: And this is the image address in the preview: Thanks! WP.com: Yes Jetpack: No
  • Hey @ybeumkes,

Thank you for sharing these examples, I have added them to the report.

• Hi,

Thank you for your assistance. It is truly appreciated. I hope that my images will be visible soon.

• The images have returned. Wonderful! Thank you very much for all your assistance.

• The topic ‘Images broken’ is closed to new replies.