Ilustratr theme – can't get portfolios to work

• I’ve done this My Sites → Manage → Settings → Writing → Content Types and turning on the “Portfolio Projects” option and published 3 test posts and I’m getting NOTHING FOUND when I visit my blog. Any ideas?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

What’s the address (URL) of the site you’re referring to?

published 3 test posts and I’m getting NOTHING FOUND when I visit my blog.

Did you publish posts or portfolio projects? They’re not related. Is the homepage set to display the latest posts or a static page that may include portfolio projects?

If it’s a WordPress.com site, then published portfolio projects would appear on the default portfolio page, the URL of which is the the site URL with “/portfolio” appended to the end of it.

• The topic blog post vs. portfolio [project] might be helpful. See also the following support pages:

Create a Portfolio Website

Create a Post

• Hey thanks for your response. Actually, those pages didn’t help because I was missing a key step, which is why my home page was blank.

“The first step is to create a new page, and call it Home or Welcome or whatever you like.

In the Page Attributes box, select the Portfolio Page template , and then save your page.

In your Customizer‘s Homepage Settings panel, select the page you just created as your new front page. Currently, the front-page setting is blank.”

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/illustratr-theme-trying-to-set-up-the-grid-appearance-for-homepage/

But now I’m trying to add additional pages, for an ‘about’ page for example, and I can’t seem to get that to show up. Here is the link to the blog if it helps.

https://lifeofleisure.blog/

• Oh and a second question – is it still true that people can’t subscribe to portfolios? I just read this in that same help post “just keep in mind that with portfolio projects, folks can’t subscribe to your site and receive your posts by email or in the Reader.”

• But now I’m trying to add additional pages, for an ‘about’ page for example, and I can’t seem to get that to show up.

How to create a new page is described in the Pages support page. However, I see that your “About” page already exists, so you might not need that information. If you mean add links to pages to the menu, then that can be done in two ways:

1. See the Add Menu Items section of the Custom Menus support page.

2. At Customize > Menus > your menu > Menu Options, check the box labeled “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu,” and then save the change by clicking the Publish button.

• is it still true that people can’t subscribe to portfolios?

Yes, I believe that’s true. WordPress.com subscription service is for posts only as far as I know. See the Following Blogs and Subscriptions and Newsletters support pages.

• @staff,

Spam tag alert. Someone evidently trying to advertise umbrellas, umbrella screens, etc. in Arabic.

• Thanks @musicdoc1. Looks like the system already caught it, but we’ll ensure the spam gets removed.

And thanks for helping @sbogatan too..

@sbogatan
    one option you might consider: post items to your portfolio as you’d like, then periodically write about the new stuff you’ve added, as posts. You can link back to the portfolio items in the posts, too, and followers would hear your news.

We just don’t treat portfolio items as news articles (since many creators tend to add portfolio items in bulk).

Let us know if you need more help!

• The topic ‘Ilustratr theme – can't get portfolios to work’ is closed to new replies.