illustratr theme – projects not displaying as tiled images

• Hi, thanks in advance for your help. I am trying to figure out why I am having trouble getting my portfolio to display as the tiled display… i can only see individual posts stacked full size, one of top of the other.
    is there an image setting or a rule I am not following? Do i need to have a certain number of posts before it will appear as a grid?
    If anyone is able to help me understand what I need to do to create these properly, I would be very grateful. I’ve been at this all day and cannot understand what I’m doing wrong.
    also, while i’m here, if you can explain the difference/benefit to using a portfolio/project type instead of a category page, I’d love to understand that as well. :) I am hoping to create a website-type portfolio with categories or portfolios that include paintings by category. My current website is http://www.bernadetteartwork.com, for reference of what i’m trying to recreate. thank you so much.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Let me answer the easiest question first:

if you can explain the difference/benefit to using a portfolio/project type instead of a category page, I’d love to understand that as well.

Basically this helps the separation of your content better. As WordPress was started as a blogging engine, the default type of a post is, well, a blog post. However, logically, a portfolio item is not a blog post, so putting a portfolio item as a portfolio type makes more sense. A portfolio type can, for example, allow you to display more pictures, links, and other fields, that will make little sense on a blog post type.

• As for setting up your theme to display the tiled images, those are explained thoroughly on the Illustrator theme’s documentation page, here: http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/illustratr/

You might especially want to read stuff under “Portfolio” and “Portfolio Page Template” there. It might get a bit confusing if you’re new to WordPress, but don’t give up yet! And feel free to ask around here anytime you need help :)

• Hi all,

Adding two questions that relates to this thread. Right now all my images are showing up on the page, but I don’t necessary like the order in which they are displayed. How does one move around the projects on the homepage to reflect a particular order?

Also, is there a way to change the size of the featured image, or does this related directly to the size of the image before I import it into wordpress?

Thank you!

• I just started using Illustratr and I’m loving it – beautiful work developers – thank you. I’d just like to know if a project name and image on my portfolio (which is set as my homepage) can link directly to an outside webpage (that I developed in drupal elsewhere)? thanks much

• The topic ‘illustratr theme – projects not displaying as tiled images’ is closed to new replies.