I want to publish a locally hosted worked site to my wordpress.com site

• Hello,

I wanted to work with a custom theme bought in another page (that is not wordpress), I customized it in my Local Machine (using wordpress.org, Xampp local hosting, phpMyAdmin DB). Now that I have it finished, I want to publish that to my wordpress.com site (domains pablomckenney.com, pablomckinney.wordpress.com). But I am trying to do so using filezilla (FTP) and I’m not able to connect to my host. Any help?

I don’t know if maybe I’m not allowed to do so, or I’m not using right credentials or maybe wordpress.com doesn’t allow me to do so, but I need help since I already paid for a theme out of wordpress and I want to make it public in my domain.

Greetings.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello @pablomckinney,

I checked your website – http://pablomckenney.com/ – and it seems DNS has not been updated yet. Did you purchase this domain from WordPress.com?

You will only be able to upload a custom theme to a WordPress.com site if you’re site is upgraded to Business Plan. But please note, that I don’t think it will give you FTP access, you can only upload the theme in the WordPress dashboard.

If you already have your domain registered to someone else (other than WordPress.com) and hosted by a different hosting provider, another simple option for you is to connect it to your WordPress.com site – pablomckinney.wordpress.com – using Jetpack plugin.

I am also tagging a WP support, you will find the tag “modlook” on the right, to further check your account.

Regards,
    Rose

• I forgot to add, if you have your http://pablomckenney.com/ hosted by someone else, you should be able to get support with your FTP by your hosting provider.

• Hi there,

Third party themes can only be uploaded to WordPress.com sites on the Business Plan.

A locally developed site cannot be uploaded to WordPress.com at all, as we don’t provide FTP access on any plan.

We have also already replied to you about this via email, so I’m closing this thread as a duplicate.

• The topic ‘I want to publish a locally hosted worked site to my wordpress.com site’ is closed to new replies.