I have a ‘Just Another WordPress site’ on my name I cannot remove.

• After trying to, and currently failing, to have an active Archive page, I started seeing a line after my website name stating ‘Just Another WordPress Site’. I’ve tried to remove this but cannot?

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Unknown
    Correct account: Unknown

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi,

That’s a default site tagline. See the Changing your Site Title, Tagline and Site Icon section of the General Settings support page for relevant information. It can be removed by deleting the content of the tagline field at the General Settings page (My Site(s)→ Settings), or at Customize > Site Identity, and then saving the change.

• Thank you for the reply. I have tried both suggestions and the tag line remains as just another word press site.

• Hello there,

Are you able to provide a URL of the site you’re working on please so that we can take a closer look?

• thank you.

Home

the stuff that comes up on google is all over the place.

• Thanks. I do find “americanlegionpost1468.com — Just another WordPress site” in a Google search result. This indicates to me that when Google last crawled the site, possibly just before they first indexed it, the following two things appear to have been true:

• The site still had a default tagline included in the header area, and
    • Either the assigned site title was “americanlegionpost1468.com,” or it didn’t yet have a site title assigned.

Google search results do not, and have never, reflected up-to-the-minute representations of how the pages that it crawls presently look. So features such as site title, tagline, page title, category, featured image, etc. included in a search result of a page may differ from the corresponding features present on the page at this moment.

Secondly, I notice now that the site is using a third-party theme, not a WordPress.com theme. Consequently, WordPress.com support pages regarding its own themes. such as the one I provided a link to in my first post above, don’t necessarily provide information and instructions that are relevant to that theme.

I’m curious as to what you mean by “After trying to, and currently failing, to have an active Archive page…” What’s been done regarding that goal, and how have the efforts failed?

• Disregard the Archive page. My newbie self was just a little slow on the uptake.
    I have it together.
    yes, I used Elementor to put the site together.
    Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
    I’ve corrected the tag line in word press. Are you juts saying Google is slow to correct things like that
    Thanks again,
    Bill Galvin

• Bill,

Are you juts saying Google is slow to correct things like that

Exactly, in my long-winded way. The search results will be updated after they crawl the site again. Glad to assist. : )

• The topic ‘I have a ‘Just Another WordPress site’ on my name I cannot remove.’ is closed to new replies.