i don't like how my categories are displayed

• Hello,

I use categories to group my blog posts and make it easier to access posts within a given theme or series.

For instance, one of the series in my blogs is Trelograms: https://notmadyet.com/category/trelograms/

I got two questions about what happens when one visits the underlying category.

1) Why does it show only one post, rather than a few? I’d prefer that to showing just the first one, as it took even me a while to notice the ‘older posts’ button.

2) Once i click on the ‘older posts’ button at the bottom, it doesn’t show the very previous post in the category/series, but rather three posts before. I believe that’s because the other two are already accessible through the sidebar in my current setup, but i don’t want that — i’d like it for all posts to show in reverse order in my category page. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for the attention,
    Mika

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Mika,

I use categories to group my blog posts and make it easier to access posts within a given theme or series.

For instance, one of the series in my blogs is Trelograms: https://notmadyet.com/category/trelograms/

I got two questions about what happens when one visits the underlying category.

1) Why does it show only one post, rather than a few? I'd prefer that to showing just the first one, as it took even me a while to notice the 'older posts' button.

Even I missed out on clearly noting the “Older Posts” button at the bottom of the page. You can manage the number of posts to be displayed on your blog page by going to MySites->Settings->Writing tab. You can then go down to the content types section and manage the number of posts to be displayed as per your liking.

2) Once i click on the 'older posts' button at the bottom, it doesn't show the very previous post in the category/series, but rather three posts before. I believe that's because the other two are already accessible through the sidebar in my current setup, but i don't want that --- i'd like it for all posts to show in reverse order in my category page. Is that possible?

I do not completely understand your question. If you could display more posts and explain me further with the post titles I could understand better. But by default WordPress.com displays all the posts in the reverse chronological order. You can just make sure the publishing dates are set correctly and the right categories are assigned to the posts.

Also additionally for easy user navigation you could have category pages in your Menu or a use
    category widget
    in your sidebar! :)

Let me how it goes, would be happy to assist you further.

Thanks! :)

• Hi again,

Sorry for the double replies!

Thanks!

• The topic ‘i don't like how my categories are displayed’ is closed to new replies.