I changed my site address but clicking on my username still takes you to my deleted one?

• I recently changed my blog’s web address, and I want that to be where someone is taken if they click on my username (for example, finding it on a collaborative blog post where I’ve posted on another blog, I’d like for someone to be taken to my blog’s web address when clicking on my username).

However, clicking it takes one to my old url and the page reads ‘the authors have deleted this site.’

I’ve refreshed, waited, closed tabs, etc etc and to no avail, I can’t seem to unlink that old deleted domain from my account and username.

Is there a time period I need to wait before it sort of… notices the switch, or am I doing something wrong?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Is the the Web Address in your Account Settings is set to the correct site?

If it is, it will only change the link for future comments you leave; changing your Web Address will not affect the link on existing comments.

Account Settings

I hope this clarifies things :)

• The topic ‘I changed my site address but clicking on my username still takes you to my deleted one?’ is closed to new replies.