I can’t edit one of my pages

• I can’t upload one of my pages, and I haven’t been able to in days. But I have severe post concussion symptoms and my mental and physical health can’t handle spending hours on this. I can’t edit it. (And please no one try to give me a “hint” like someone did previously, that maybe I should pare my website diwn and make it easier for customers to get a hold of me. Because of the nature of what I do, I want no contact with these people ahead of time, AT ALL, I’m supposed to not know anything about them, and I don’t want to feel their energy ahead of time. So there needs to be a gateway for them to book properly with their basic information they need to book their appointment, ahead of time. All of that information on my website is there to make things clear about things other people have asked before, without me being involved in real time, at all. I’m not a corporation and I’m not paying someone to be available at all hours to take calls, when I only actively do my actual job 2-3 hours a day, by appointment, when people solidly book it in one message, on their own time. But thanks for the previous suggestion from your help desk, lol. I’d like to actually go and edit that page, but I can’t. I think it’s trying to upload a video or something, or maybe a formatting thing, but I can’t even open it.

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi there,

Can you clarify what page you are trying to edit? Your homepage or some other page on your site? When you try to edit it sounds like the page is not loading correctly, can you describe what you are seeing? An error message of some kind?

What are you trying to add to that page? I’m not sure I understood based on your question so far, thanks!

• I don’t want to put it on a public forum. I checked the option for my site not to show on here, I believe. I can’t respond to your email, I need a staff member to contact me directly. The error message says “This page is currently uploading – it won’t take long, try again”. It’s been taking days now. I have important work to do and can’t afford to keep spending time on this.

• Hi,

It sounds like your site needs are more complex than the free WordPress.com site plan was designed for.

Your best bet may be to upgrade to a WordPress.com site plan that offers private livechat (as well as private email) support: https://wordpress.com/pricing/

Free users have access to these staff monitored community support forums.

• The topic ‘I can’t edit one of my pages’ is closed to new replies.