html tags changed from 'visual' to 'text'

• Just experiencing today, when editing an scheduled post the editor shows the ‘text’ area with the correct html coding for a table, f.i:

<table style=”text-align:center;” width=”500″ border=”0″ cellspacing=”2″ cellpadding=”2″ align=”center”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>

<h3><span style=”color:#ffffff;”>Artista</h3>
    </td>

Cannonball Adderley

</span></h3>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>

<span style=”color:#ffffff;”>Àlbum</td>

Somethin’ Else

</tr>
    <tr>

<span style=”color:#ffffff;”>Cançó que escoltes </td>

Love for Sale

</span></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

By changing to ‘visual’ and again to ‘text’ the editor shows:
    <table style=”text-align: center;” border=”0″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td style=”text-align: right;”>
    <h3><span style=”color: #ffffff;”>Artista</h3>
    </td>
    <td>

Cannonball Adderley

</span></h3>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><span style=”color: #ffffff;”>Àlbum</td>
    <td style=”text-align: left;”>Somethin’ Else</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><span style=”color: #ffffff;”>Cançó que escoltes </td>

Love for Sale

</span></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

loosing background color and alignment.

Very strange…

Please help !

Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you figure it out? we’re experiencing the same problem

• We are also having this problem… what is going on?

• Same problem here…someone says that that html is not allowed anymore..but I qould like to get some official answer from WP staff. And, it is annoying!!! Not being able to use coloured tables is VERY annoying.

• HTML is allowed although some code is not.

But I don’t understand why people are switching from one editor to the other and back again. In my past experience, that doesn’t work well anywhere.

Choose an editor, either text or visual and stick with it for any specific post.

• Thanks ‘notawoodpecker’. This is the answer from wordpress staff:

Hi all,

A change that we made last week is causing the Visual Editor to strip out attributes on table tags.

To work around this for now, you will need to use the Text editor on any posts where you have tables. If you switch back to the Visual Editor before saving changes on those posts, the attributes will be deleted, so please make sure you save your changes if you switch back to using the Visual Editor.

The developers do know about this, and we’ll keep you all up to date once we know anything further.

• Thanks, I have to say that I really would like to go back to the previous situation. It is not simple to copy and paste html code for tables in the text editor, posts (at least in my case) become extremely long and editing is very confusing, at least for me! Plus, you basically lose the What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get feature. WP.com, please sort it out!

• Any update on this fix? We really need to edit our HTML pages soon but when we try to edit, the first view is the Visual Editor so this is still no help. Please advise.

• Hoping for a fix soon. This problem adds much tedious work every time a post or page is edited that has a table… Makes one afraid to switch between “visual” and “text” when editing!

• Could anyone who’s posted here please let me know if your table code is once again working as it did before? I just did a test, and with the software update that happened overnight it looks like HTML attributes on td table cells are now being preserved.

• A said elsewhere, it seems to be fine now, thanks!

• Yes, finally it works as before !

• All better now. Thanks!

• Glad to hear this is working the way it was before.

I’m closing this thread now, so feel free to start a new one for any other table formatting issues.

• The topic ‘html tags changed from 'visual' to 'text'’ is closed to new replies.