how to host a domain on WordPress.com?

• hello support team, I want to ask that I wanna start my first Website with minimum experience in this field, Someone suggest me to start from WordPress.com, and someone say just bought a domain and purchase a hosting Plan and Hosted there your desired domain I wanna know if I wanna Host my website at WordPress.com, then we can install Plugins, scripts like we do at with WordPress software?

• Hi there,

WordPress.com is a bit different from other hosts in that we offer a fully managed service for creating and managing WordPress sites. This differs from self-hosted websites (sites that you create on a “traditional web host” like Bluehost, GoDaddy, etc.) in that we provide the following for all sites, including our free sites:

– No hosting to configure
    – We take care of software updates and security hardening to protect you from hacking
    – Support is provided in-house so we are here to answer any questions you have and you do not need to turn to Google to find answers.

Additionally, we offer upgrade plans that will add functionality to your site as you need it. For example it is not possible to add plugins to free WordPress.com sites, but if you need to install any plugin “designed for WordPress” you can do that under our Business plan, which also adds 24/7 priority live chat support so you can get on the spot help any time you need it.

Learn more about our WordPress.com Business Plan here: https://wordpress.com/pricing/

Hope this helps!

• The topic ‘how to host a domain on WordPress.com?’ is closed to new replies.