How to do page jump on Lodestar as it has panels

• Hello! I was hoping that you could help me page jump by linking different panels on my home page. The Lodestar theme allows panels which are linked to pages that you make. I don’t want the pages to be linked to in a different tab, but I want them to be jumped to (scrolled down to moreso) automatically b pressing it in the menu bar. Is this possible to do?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

The Affinity theme has a feature that works like what you’ve described, but I’m not sure that Lodestar can be set up to work similarly. If you want to check out Affinity, the see the theme guide, and demo.

I’ll call for staff attention regarding your request for page jumps to panels on the Lodestar front page.

• Howdy –

I have not worked out a way to achieve this desired panel jumping effect. I am going to ask my colleagues for any ideas to make sure I haven’t overlooked something.

• It looks like this can be done. Keep a few key things in mind.

– You’d need to leave sharing buttons disabled on secondary pages.
    – This is going to work best for a site not a blog.

If a user clicks on a link to another part of the site, outside of this custom page menu area, they aren’t going to be able to get back to it directly.

We’ve set up a little demo to give you an idea of how things would look and work on the site. Please take a look: https://veldatest3.wordpress.com/

Scroll down to bring the custom menu in to display. Click on about or last from the menu. It will take you to the corresponding panel.

1. Click on My Sites -> Customize -> Menu -> Create New Menu (the title won’t be displayed to anyone but you on the back end of the site).
    2. Use Custom Links for the new menu. Match the panel to the menu item. What you set up will look like this. #panel name.
    3. Customize the panels. Click on My Sites -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Panel 1

Write back with any other questions :)

• Ah I just realized we could do one better. And I also realized we missed a step in our explanation, so, trying again:

1. Set up your front page with its panels as you like, using the theme’s instructions.

2. You will need to edit each page that you add to the front panel, and add the following code:

<a name="something"></a>

But change “something” to the name of the link you want.

3. Under Customize, create a NEW menu. Call it “JumpLinks” or whatever you want. Set it to your top menu.

4. For each jump link on the menu, add a new Custom link. Set the link address to this:

/#something

again, where “something” is the name of the link you want to jump to. Please be aware:

– If you include a slash, the page will actually reload when people click it, but normally it should be quick on a second load.

– If you don’t include a slash, any links to individual pages or posts will not work.

You can see what I mean if you go here and try clicking each menu item:
    https://veldatest3.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/test-post/

Only the “last” one has a slash in it, so it is the only one that will work from that test post.

• And I realize all of this is complex, but I hope it helps if that’s what you’re after :)

• The topic ‘How to do page jump on Lodestar as it has panels’ is closed to new replies.