How to change item whose name I do not know

• When I view my home page I see text in the tab at the very top of the window of my browser. It is text I wrote when I made the website. I can reach a page for updating my home page but this text is not visible in it. Is there a way of revealing this text for editing?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

That’s the site tagline. It displays there because of the absence of a site title. The site title and tagline settings are at Customize > Homepage. If you remove the tagline there, then it won’t display in the browser tab, but it won’t display in the header area either. To hide it from displaying in the browser tab only would probably require CSS customization.

• Sorry, I hadn’t read the OP very carefully, and I see now that you’ve only asked how to edit that text, not remove it. Also, I didn’t give the location of the relevant customize location correctly. The tagline may be edited at Customize > Homepage Settings. However, any edits there will effect not only what displays in the browser tab, but also the tagline displayed in the header.

• The topic ‘How to change item whose name I do not know’ is closed to new replies.