how do i transfer my subscribers from wordpress.com to wordpress.org?

• Hello,
    how do i transfer my subscribers from wordpress.com to wordpress.org? I don’t have many yet, i.e. 10-20, so it shouldn’t take long. I’m trying to merge my wordpress.com and wordpress.org blogs.
    Thanks,
    Rita

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Rita,

We can certainly migrate your subscribers for you! :)

Looking at your sites, I assume you want to move them like so…

To: adashofsilver.com

If that is correct, let me know and I’ll go ahead and get the process started.

Thanks!

• Hello,
    yes, that sounds perfect. does that mean that blog.adashofsilver.com will be empty? should i end it? I won’t use it anymore. I’m only going to use wordpress.org from now on.
    Thanks,
    Rita

• Rita,

does that mean that blog.adashofsilver.com will be empty?

I’m not sure what you mean here, since there is no site at blog.adashofsilver.com.

If you meant “will adashofsilver.wordpress.com be empty?”, then the answer is no, it will remain as it is after you move your subscribers to adashofsilver.com.

should i end it? I won’t use it anymore.

I would leave it online for a little bit at least, since there might be other sites that are linking to it. Those links would go dead if you deleted the site.

What I would suggest is making one last “warning post” on adashofsilver.wordpress.com saying that you are moving your site to adashofsilver.com. This way, anyone who visits will know to go to the new site.

On the other hand, if you want to automatically redirect the traffic from adashofsilver.wordpress.com to adashofsilver.com, you will need to purchase the Site Redirect upgrade. You can set it up by following the instruction here:

Redirect a WordPress.com Site Address

Let me know if that answered your questions and I’ll go ahead and move the subscribers. :)

• Okay, you can begin the transfer of my subscribers.
    Thanks!
    Rita

• Rita,

I’ve gone ahead and moved your subscribers over. :)

Happy blogging!

• The topic ‘how do i transfer my subscribers from wordpress.com to wordpress.org?’ is closed to new replies.