How do I import my Tumblr to WordPress?

• So, that’s a wordpress.org blog that necessarily requires that the plugin be installed (before or after the update — the Tumblr importer is a plugin). It’s possible that image handling has changed in the plugin since the update. For example, Tumblr now gives us the data in a different format, and we may have dropped the single-image case.

The best way to report this is via the .org plugin support area here. As I’m one of the developers, I’ll see the request, but it also won’t be limited to me, and maybe a fix will land sooner. I can see your point regarding single image posts, and I’d like to look into it for the .org importer, but there are lots of other things prioritized above it right now. Still, please do report it over at the .org site. Thanks!

• Hi y’all,

I’m new to wordpress, and I’m trying to figure everything out from reading through all of the training guides online etc.

In any case, I managed to upload my tumblr blog to my domain site: http://christine-lew.com, BUT the major issue is that the importer only uploaded SIX months worth of posts from tumblr (June 2012-now). How come the importer didn’t upload the older content? I started my tumblr blog on New Year’s 2012, so it’s only six more months worth of data.

How can I get the older content on my wordpress site? I want to make sure all of those posts get archived.

Thanks!

• @dllh I’d like to add my vote to @belowthewaste suggestion: only create image gallery if a tumblr post has more than one image.

• I’d LOVE to see an option, when importing images, to select if they’re made into a gallery or placed in-line directly in the posts.

I’m trying to use Blurb’s BookSmart to make a book, and their wordpress importer doesn’t handle galleries at all. So if the images were in-line everything would work great.

Is it hard to add a check-box or something to the wordpress.com tumblr importer?

With fingers crossed!

• Hey, how are you doing?

Is there a way to place your tumblr photos as a slideshow using wordpress.COM widgets?

Thanks in advance,
    Carlos.

• The topic ‘How do I import my Tumblr to WordPress?’ is closed to new replies.