How do I find how many people follow my website

• Hi

How do i find out how many blog followers I have. I saw it the other day and now cannot find it again.

I believe I have by Email Subscription:

Click to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 33 other followers

So I have 33 followers but dont know all in all how to find out other than email how many followers I have?

Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Have you looked at “My Sites” and scrolled down on the left to “People”. (Or “Manage” “People” if you have the new all-white interface).

• In the manage all i have is:

Site pages

Blog posts

Media

Comments.

People is in the configure part?

• This is what I was referring too, found it now! Does that mean that many people are following me? :-)

photo 7E0AC155-C0C7-4B8A-8637-C3DECC452427_zpsiqvstrit.jpeg

• Hi –

That number includes your social media account followers that are also connected to the site.

• Ah right ok, I did wonder, as I noticed it did say another time i had around 30 subscribers, then saw this figure and wondered if I had read the 30 previously wrong or what that meant.

So basically I have 1,890 people who follow my site, a mixture of email subscribers, and social media people who clicked when they came over, is that what you mean? I wondered how social media people were added, guessing they come over and then click to subscribe? Do I still get notifications for that kind of subscription as I do when they click for email subscriptions?

• When the blog is connected to social media platforms through Publicize those numbers get pulled in to your followers count. They don’t necessarily directly follow your blog — but when you make new posts that go out to social media they can see them.

You will not get notification from WordPress.com about any social media followers joining or leaving. That would come from that specific platform.

If you disconnect Publicize then that number would fall to whoever is directly following your blog either through their own email address or their WordPress.com user account.

• The topic ‘How do I find how many people follow my website’ is closed to new replies.