How can a user get rid of the "new improved editor" once and for all?

• There is a number of reason why I don’t like the so called “New Improved Editor”. I don’t see it as an “improvement” at all, but this is is not the point, here. I know that there is (for the time being) the possibility to switch to the “old one”, but it’s quite annoying to have to do this each time. Couldn’t it be possible to store this preference in the user settings? Thanx

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Thanks, but I already knew that. As I wrote, the problem here is that this “new” editor shows up each time, and I have to manually switch to the other. So I was wondering if there could be a way to store this preference.

• Sorry I wasn’t able to help with that as my blogs are storing that information. tagged this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe:
    1. Look in the sidebar of this thread and find the subscribe to topics link.
    2. Or look below the comment box for this: _ Notify me of followup posts via e-mail

• Clicking on the button saves a cookie to your computer that will save this preference. If you clear your cookies regularly, this cookie gets cleared and you’ll get directed back to the home page editor.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks shawnajroberts. I get the point, even if it seems to me that this happens in the same session – I’ll check it out. Anyway, why store this preference in a cookie, and not in the user settings as it’s done with language preferences, time, and so on?

• As we move forward with new updates to the editor, we want to make sure our users get to see the changes from time to time. You’re more than welcome to continue to opt out. And there is a suggestion in with the developers to turn this setting into an account setting rather than a cookie.

• shawnajroberts, I’m glad I read you last entry here because I’m just like marcobigliazzi. I want the strip gone. I’ve already made my decision, the old editor is better in my opinion. I hope the developers work with this problem soon.

• The topic ‘How can a user get rid of the "new improved editor" once and for all?’ is closed to new replies.