Help with running out of 3GB space (free site)

• Hi,
    My free site is getting close to 3GB, mainly due to too many photos (and big photos).
    Please help me with options.
    – I think I probably have to upgrade, but not sure what to. Plenty of other sites have links to my site, I don’t want to lose these by changing my domain.
    – I am sure there are photos in my media bucket that are not being used, can I find these easily and delete them on my free site, or do I have to upgrade?
    – Part of my problem is people are sending me batches of big size photos. I don’t want to resize these individually, it takes too long. Is there a way to do it in bulk?
    Thanks in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I think I probably have to upgrade, but not sure what to. Plenty of other sites have links to my site, I don’t want to lose these by changing my domain.

I think it makes sense to upgrade to the Starter Plan, which will double your space to 6GB. More info here: https://wordpress.com/pricing/

I am sure there are photos in my media bucket that are not being used, can I find these easily and delete them on my free site, or do I have to upgrade?

There is not an easy way to determine this, so while you are welcome to delete any images you are sure you are not using, it’s recommended to leave them as-is to be safe if you are unsure.

Part of my problem is people are sending me batches of big size photos. I don’t want to resize these individually, it takes too long. Is there a way to do it in bulk?
    Thanks in advance.

WordPress.com does not provide a way to automatically downsize images, but you may want to consider an app on your computer that can downsize your media in bulk. It seems you may be able to do this on Windows without the need for an additional app.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Thanks for response.
    This was good advice, although I decided to go all the way to Premium as an upgrade. I like the free chat help I get with that for instant advice.
    I downloaded RIOT in Win10 to use to batch reduce photos before uploading them to wordpress, this works well.

• The topic ‘Help with running out of 3GB space (free site)’ is closed to new replies.