HELP! our domain is expiring and I can't replace the credit card!!

• I have been trying to renew our domain and custom theme, but no matter what I do, i go into a continuous upgrade loop and it never simply lets me pay for our annual fee!! now we are 4 days from expiry and i’m DESPERATE!! Our former administrator has left and forwarded me the renewal emails, but only a week ago. WHAT DO I DO??!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Looking as well for the same solution… is there a contact phone number?

• Hi there,

I would be happy to assist you in updating your card and renewing your subscription. However, the reason you’re going into a continuous upgrade loop is because the upgrade that was purchased is not associated with the account you contacted us from. To confirm ownership, post in this thread under the username/account that purchased the upgrade. Then, I can look into renewing the subscription upgrade. However, you should be able to renew the domain and update the credit card if logged into the account that owns the upgrade.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• I cannot post under the orginal user of the account. I can only tell you her name was Marty Dagneau-Bates. She is no longer the administrator of the site. I had thought that this was changed over monthes ago. Marty was kind enough to forward the expiration email that came to her tp me, the curre t admin.

What other information to you need to resolve this? I certainly dont want to post my card info in this forum.

Thanks.

• Hi there,

Is it possible for you to get in touch with Marty and have her transfer the upgrade to your account? Or, provide her a link to this thread and have her confirm here that it is okay for me to transfer the upgrade to you?

• I dont know if she would respond. I will try… but this is not good customer service. First of all this is a public forum right? Second this post was so.eone w
    Else but same topic.

And what happens if the fprmer admin doesnt respond? Or has left on poor terms that I, the current admin would not want to communicate with the previous person.

I cannot believe this is a new issue and your web company must have some type of policy in place?

• On a side note i dont think she can log an.. i had worked with someone last year to make sure her admin rights were revoked so as no changes could inadvertantly be made.

• Hi there,

First of all this is a public forum right? Second this post was so.eone w
    Else but same topic.

Yes, it’s a public forum, but I haven’t asked nor will I ever ask in public anything from users that isn’t already publicly accessible (usernames, URLs, etc.). However, I’d be more than happy to contact you via email if you prefer. Also, if you posted any information you may deem private, I can always redact that information for you.

Second this post was so.eone w Else but same topic.

Yes, we usually recommend users to create new threads, but since its regarding the same topic, it’s fine in this case. I can also keep up with each one of your issues separately on our end.

I cannot believe this is a new issue and your web company must have some type of policy in place?

Yes, we do. We have a strict policy in place to protect our users from third parties who might try to use our support system to gain access to other users’ accounts.

To confirm ownership, we ask a user to provide an email from the email address with which the blog was registered, a PayPal transaction ID, or the original activation link. If you paid for the upgrade in the past, you may have the PayPal transaction ID. I can transfer the domain over in that case.

Although you are an admin on the site, the previous admin is still the owner of the upgrade and the best bet is to contact the current owner to see if they are willing to transfer ownership over to you. I agree it’s tricky when the owner separates from a business on unfortunate terms, which is why we recommend to create a general business account that can be accessed (as opposed to having an upgrade under an account that only that employee has access to) when/if that role with the company potentially comes to an end.

In the end, I’ll make sure that we get this sorted out for you. Let me know if you do have the PayPal transaction number available and I’ll email you to retrieve that information.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

• Ok Darnell, can we go private on this and then i could include the other person as well. And see if it cant be swiched to the business acxount as well.

Do you need my email or can you see that.

Thank for your assistance.

• Hey there,

I just sent an email to the one under your account.

Let me know once you received it.

Thanks!

• Darnell, it looks like sleeping on my issue got it resolved! Do you think you could email me and the other admin on OUR account and see whether we can transfer everything to me as well? We also would prefer not to try to do this in a public forum! Many thanks.

• Hi there,

I emailed you. Let me know if you didn’t receive it.

Thanks!

• The topic ‘HELP! our domain is expiring and I can't replace the credit card!!’ is closed to new replies.