Header size in media screen

• Hello everyone,

I’m having some trouble setting the CSS for devices other than computer. My website doesn’t work properly in small media screen. In cellphones, for instance, it’s completely messed up, the posts are displayed in the home page with full content.

Right now I’m looking for some help to fix the size of the header in iPads and other similar-sized tablets. The web page looks kind of fine, almost like in the computer. But the header is really small, about 1/3 of the size it should be… Does anyone know how to fix that?

I use the Sight Theme by the way.

Thanks a lot!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey guys, does anyone know?

• thistimethisspace · Member ·

You will receive Staff support as soon as they work their way forward to this thread.

• There is a lot of customized CSS code in there, many media queries as well so some of it might be affecting layouts across screen sizes.

As for the header image on tablets, it was being affected by a max-width: 890px media query, where its width was set to 40%; changing it to 100% fixes it. Here’s the code, add it at the bottom:

@media only screen and (max-width: 890px) {
    .site-header hgroup {
        max-width: 100%;
        }
    }

P.S. Here’s a small nifty guide on CSS, can help you in getting familiar with the customizations. :)

• Thanks a lot! That worked :-) I’ll study the guide. As you’ve noticed, the whole website was made by trial and error.

• You’re welcome! Trial and error is how we all learn. :)

• The topic ‘Header size in media screen’ is closed to new replies.