Header Image is blurry but exact size used. Theme Sketch.

• I am hoping to be able to use Sketch as my theme, but it’s so important that my header image (that includes text) be crystal clear, but when I load my image into Customize>header I get a blurry image despite that I created the image to be exactly 1092X400 which is what was recommended (and what I see in the code).

I uploaded the same image via Media>Library and the picture is clear upon import. It is only when I load the jpg to the header area that it regenerates as fuzzy. I’ve double-checked the jpg- even the Media>Library believes it to be 1092X400, but the header loader does ask if I want to crop it. To which I have answered no, and when that didn’t work then I answered yes.

I made sure the image import enabled sizes of 1092X400 for the large images.

I’m not sure what to do to get around this header loading issue. I’ve even tried the “regenerate thumbnails” that people suggest for blurry images- but that didn’t do anything (not surprisingly but I thought I’d try anyway).

I’m really unsure why the Sketch theme wants to crop an image that is exactly the size it requested. If I weren’t importing an image that includes text, then the image would probably be okay, but the text part of the image is so important here.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, what’s the address of the site you are working on?

• Hi, it’s on my localhost until I work out the bugs.

• Ah, OK – If you are using the open source WordPress software on a localhost install, check out the forums for the ORG version of Sketch at https://wordpress.org/support/theme/sketch/

In general for help with a site using the open source WordPress software, you’ll want to head over to https://wordpress.org/support where they have more experience with the software you are using. If you don’t have a username on the ORG forums you can register one on the top of that page.

Just to clarify, this support forum assists users of the WordPressdotcom platform. WordPressdotcom (where we are ) and WordPress are separate entities with different documentation and support forums. More information about the differences can be found here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

• Ah! Thank you very much. I actually tried there first, and I went through all the Sketch specific and even non-Sketch specific info I could find on their forum.

Unfortunately, what I couldn’t figure out is how to ask a question. It looked like that functionality was gone. I even went to my login page where I had asked a couple questions in the past— no option to ask a question anywhere.

Oh well. Thanks so much anyway for your quick response. If you have a way of letting .org know their site isn’t allowing questions (even when logged in)- that’d be great!!!

Thanks, JustJennifer.
    -a

• You’re welcome, once you log in to the ORG forums (at the very top right of your browser screen) you should be able to post in the Sketch theme forum and you’ll find the Create a New Topic form below the current forum threads. Hope that helps.

• The topic ‘Header Image is blurry but exact size used. Theme Sketch.’ is closed to new replies.