Header image gets cut top and bottom

• Hello!

I need help with the header image of the marquee theme- I’ve uploaded an image as per the theme guidelines (720x800px), however the top and bottom gets cropped/cut when the site is loaded. Perhaps a CSS code can help to fix this?

Thanks so much,
    Puja

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi –

I’m curious to know if this happens in more than one browser? And if you could take a screen shot for us. That can be added to the site’s media library where we can have a look a closer look and compare to our own findings. When I look at the site on my computer in Chrome there’s not any obvious cropping going on.

• i will receive your mail.

• Hi @officialforhad

I’ve uploaded an image as per the theme guidelines (720x800px), however the top and bottom gets cropped/cut when the site is loaded.

That image size is just a starting point, but your theme is mobile-responsive to fit on tablets/smartphones, so it adapts it’s layout based on the size of the screen you are viewing your site on.

Because there is not room for a two column layout (image on the left, text on the right) on phones or example, the layout switches to place the header at the top on smaller screens. Also the header image itself is a “background image” that is in a fluid container, so it crops the image by design.

You can see in the video at this link, which shows how the layout changes based on screen size: https://d.pr/v/KN3FxO

There is not a way to undo this (even with CSS) due to the way the fluid behavior is “baked in” to this theme at a very deep level. Instead I would recommend a different theme that is not so sensitive to changes, I am not sure this theme would work well with the graphic you have designed now.

• The topic ‘Header image gets cut top and bottom’ is closed to new replies.