Gravatar – cannot login or close account

• I want to delete my Gravatar account. I cannot login (only option is to login using wordpress account, but when I click, I keep being returned to the same window). Gravatar support says it is closed.

I really want to delete my gravatar picture, and probably delete my account. Anyone have an email contact I can use, or advise how to go about this if I can’t even access the account.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @istewart, I wasn’t able to duplicate the issue. Are you logging into WordPress.com first, then heading to Gravatar and choosing to authorize the account? I’m able to get right in. You might try another browser too in case this one is blocking the cookie somehow.

Once you’re in, just choose “Remove Image” to get rid of your Gravatar image. You can also go to the Profile tab and remove any information there. You’ll still need the account itself for your sites at WordPress.com, but you can get rid of the avatar image.

• Hey, I am having exactly the same issue.
    I want to log into my gravatar account in order to change my picture but I can’t.
    I am obviously logged in wordpress.com as I am writing this post, then I visit gravatar.com or more precisely https://secure.gravatar.com/ and I see on right top corner WordPress.com Sign In. I click on that and it takes to a new page which says:

Howdy! Would you like to log in to Gravatar using your WordPress.com account?

Logged in as: dchara
    Gravatar
    Learn more about Gravatar

and that’s it cannot do anything else after that.

• I forgot to mention that I tried with the latest versions of Chromium, Firefox and Opera on a fully updated Arch Linux machine and with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Dolphin on an LG G4 Android 6.0. Also, I have tried to delete the cache of those browser, as well as, connect in incognito mode.

• I linked my website to my wordpress.com account and then all of a sudden the approve/deny buttons appeared.
    So you cannot edit your gravatar if you remove all sites from your wordpress.com profile?
    Is this a bug?

• Hi @dchara

So you cannot edit your gravatar if you remove all sites from your wordpress.com profile?

I don’t think that’s it actually.

If I log in as you at WordPress.com, then go to https://secure.gravatar.com, then click “WordPress.com [Sign In]” in the upper right, I’m taken straight to the page where I can manage avatars.

I don’t know exactly what is causing the issue, but I do know it isn’t what you mentioned because your account works okay here. I’m using Chrome.

What operating system / version are you using? The computer I’m on today is an older mac. Also, does this page show you have third party cookies enabled?

Preview Problems and Third-Party Cookies

• I can reproduce the issue actually.

If I remove all sites from my wordpress.com profile and then go to https://secure.gravatar.com/ and click on sign in with wordpress.com, i get no approve/deny buttons so i cannot proceed.

When I add a website to my wordpress.com profile the buttons magically appear, so I can login and edit my gravatar.

As for the browser/os question, I already answered that above. And yes third party cookies are working.

• By the way, about what you said with regards to my account working here, my wordpress.com account works perfectly fine. The problem is when I am trying to user the wordpress.com credentials to log into https://secure.gravatar.com/ for some reason if the approve/deny button disappear when I have no website in my wordpress.com profile. If the approve button is not there, there’s no way to approve the login, so there’s no way to enter and edit the gravatar profile. I hope that makes it more clear.

• Hmm. Did you have a site added the other day when I tested your account? Also, I just tested an account that does not have any sites attached to it and was able to approve/deny. But if you’re willing to disconnect the sites from your account so I can try again as you, I will.

• The topic ‘Gravatar – cannot login or close account’ is closed to new replies.