Get Rid Of Theme

• I Just Want To Know If There Is A Way To Just Have A Pic As A Background Instead Of Choosing One Of The Themes As A Background! I Don’t Really Like Any Of Them Nor Do Any Of Fit What I Am Trying To Do. I Think It Sucks That You Cant Design Your Blog How You Want. If Any One Knows Any Other Alternatives Please Let Me Know Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• If you want to add a custom background image to your theme, you would need the Custom CSS Upgrade:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-css/

Add Custom CSS

• @rockpeaceandlove

If Any One Knows Any Other Alternatives Please Let Me Know Thanks!

If you want complete control over your template and the ability to hack it to suit, perhaps the other wordpress option which is hiring a web host a self hosting your own wordpress.org install will suit you better. WordPress.org is free software. You can install themes and plugins, run ads, and edit the database. Staff have prepared an excellent comparison of the two options here > http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

• @timethief

Well I Did Start A WP.org Site But There’s A Function That I Have To Get Enabled By My Host In Order To Upload Themes. I Thought I Had It All Figured Out Once I Got The Site Up & Running But When I Would Try To Upload A Theme I Would Get An Error Message And Apparently I Have To Enable [fsockopen] IDK If Any Of You Know What That Is But That’s What Im Lacking To Upload Themes On WP.org And I Think My Host Doesn’t Support It Or They Charge A Fee Or Something Like That. So I Went Back To WP.com And Now Im Just Stuck With One Of These Wack Themes. lol I Feel Like There’s No Hope Unless I Pay And I Can’t Do That. All I Want To Do Is Upload An Image And Set It As My Background. I Don’t See Why They Can’t Make That An Option Instead Of Making Us Use Whatever Themes They Make.

My Host Is Zymic.com

• We’re working on some themes with a custom background option that will let you easily upload your own custom background images. Stay tuned to the news blog for theme announcements.

• Oh Ok Great! Do U Have Like A Guesstimate Of When That Will Be Available?

• @themeshaper

We’re working on some themes with a custom background option that will let you easily upload your own custom background images.</blockquote?>

Please clarify:
    (1) Is this impending custom background on some themes option going to be a free feature?
    (2) Or will we have to purchase a CSS upgrade in order to access the option?

• Yes, this will be a free feature. Stay tuned to the news blog for theme announcements.

• Thanks for the reply and that link again. :)

• @timethief, while the gratitude is quite appreciated, please post only if you have something meaningful to contribute.

Your extremely useful information and experienced insight brings you plenty enough well-deserved attention and traffic. :)

No need to bottom post every thread.

• @hewsut
    I asked an on topic question to the themeczar, received an answer that made me happy, and posted again to say thank you for the answer.

You posted an off-topic smackdown coached in euphemistic language.

Not nice. :(

• @hewsut, that’s harsh. She said thanks.

WTF is going on around here lately?

• The topic ‘Get Rid Of Theme’ is closed to new replies.