full HTML support (eg: google video)

• when i post in HTML source, i find the system would filter some HTML code…and i cannot put google video on site …
    is there anything that you can do to solve?

• You can only use the html codes that are listed. (And maybe the fonts ones as well.)

I just discovered that one can not put a blockquote within another blockout so I know where you’re coming from.

-drmike

• I know what you’re referring to as well. It won’t even let me use something as basic as an <*hr*> tag (asterisks placed to avoid execution of code, not that it would or anything).

• I just added the hr tag to a post. Worked fine for me.

As to adding html code here in the forums, just use the backticks. (The ket above your tab key if you’re on a pc.)

For example:

<hr>

• drmike, you truly are a great help. I do spend hours searching these Forums, but I can’t find any references to these “special html” codes that WordPress.com allows? I only wish to place a Google Search engine into my blog. It is HTML (no Javascript) but is being filtered it seems? Am I entering it into the wrong place (a Text Widget)? Also, it would be nice to see an FAQ explaning the difference between the uses of the various Widgets. Since I have no idea what the difference between the functions are until I try them out, then just become more stumped by my own stupidity. :$

• It says I am logged in but I cant see an Edit post option here; I even refreshed. I wanted to add, a “PREVIEW post” option would be ideal, also. I know I am posting in an odd place, but I read drmike is all over things here ;) so I just hope that this is read is all. As for my prior concern, the filtered HTML and special requirements for WordPress.com, I still await anyone’s help. Thanks so much.

• Mara, what is the code that you’re trying to enter? Please provide an example of it. Please remember to paste it in between backticks, that key over your Tab key on a normal PC keyboard.

If you are logged in and click through to an article, it should be displayed to the right of your categories. (ie in this case, to the right of “May 7th, 2006 at 9:49 pm (Uncategorized)”) An edit link should also be present within your blue bar along the top when you are viewing an article. The “edit” link is sometimes not present though when you are viewing a page that has multiple posts like your home page. (Depends on the theme)

Preview posts – When on your “Write post” page on your backend, click on “Save and continue editing” and wait for the page to reload. You’ll find your preview on the bottom half of the page. :)

To see a preview, click on

• Thanks for telling me how to Preview. *blush* I meant the edit link here in the forums. I suppose it just is uneditable after so many hours? I hope this is not too much to post, and I hope those backticks work:

<!-- Search Google -->
    <center>
    <form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/custom" target="google_window">
    <table bgcolor="#000000">
    <tr><td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" align="left" height="32">

<br/>
    <input type="text" name="q" size="25" maxlength="255" value=""></input>
    </td></tr>
    <tr><td valign="top" align="left">
    <input type="submit" name="sa" value="Google Search"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="client" value="pub-7618063090990652"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="forid" value="1"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="ie" value="UTF-8"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="oe" value="UTF-8"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="safe" value="active"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="GALT:#333333;GL:1;DIV:#37352E; (edited for space) input>
    <input type="hidden" name="hl" value="en"></input>
    </td></tr></table>
    </form>
    </center>
    <!-- Search Google -->

• Sorry, WP.com doesn’t let us insert forms.

• Agreed. Forms are stripped out.

There is a Google Search widget available that will allow you to do this. You may want to submit a Feedback from your Dashboard and request this to be added. Matt and crew have stated a few times that they keep track of requests like this and use them to judge what gets added.

This should be easy I would think as the widget in question ships with the MU install. Not sure why it’s not included with what we have here.

MU is the actual software we are running here just to let you know.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

• I still don’t know what MU stands for. But you are telling me this Google Search widget would work if I added it to my blog here at WordPress.com (as opposed to needing to host myself in order to use this widget)? In other words it is a widget, proper, for the .com stuff, not a “plugin”? Thanks to all for helping. I shall try it out.

• Hmmm, I see the gsearch.php file listed but it does not appear on my .com widget list. It is theme-dependent maybe?

EDIT: Oh, I think I see now. The Search Widget is what you mean? As in this is the Google thing to search my blog? That is not what I meant, so perhaps what I am asking is not possible (forms). Thanks anyway. :)

• The topic ‘full HTML support (eg: google video)’ is closed to new replies.