Frontpage post footer is different than post-page footer.

• The footer of each post on the front page has a black bar and social media icons with comment links shortly above that. When I actually click on an individual post and the comments area opens up at the bottom, the black bar drops down below and the content of the post is much closer to the social media icons. Basically, I want it to look identical to the front page, but I cannot figure out how. The comments section is fine to be there, I just want it below the black bar.

Reference my homepage compared to http://minimograph.com/2013/03/26/clemensbehr_interview/

Thanks so much for your help! It means a lot.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The comments feature is placed in the content area of a post in the HTML. This will cause the border to be below the comments and not above it.

You can add a border to the bottom of a single post using the CSS below:

body.single .hentry {border-bottom: 5px solid rgba(0,0,0,1);}

This will give you a second line below the social icons. If you remove the line below the comments feature, this will also remove it from the home page. In my opinion, I think two lines looks great for a single post.

• You are awesome. That’s exactly what I wanted—and I agree that it looks good with two lines.

I have one other challenge—how can I mimic the spacing from the homepage between the social icons and the line? Currently, the space is somewhat taller, and I can’t figure out how to change the location of the social icons on a post without changing it on the homepage too.

Thanks again so much!

• Hope this helps.

body.single .hentry div.sharedaddy .sd-content li { margin: 0 5px 5px 0 !important; }

• The topic ‘Frontpage post footer is different than post-page footer.’ is closed to new replies.