Footer Customization

• Hello, I am very new to WordPress.com and I liked it a lot. I am thinking of getting an upgrade on customization and I currently am checking what I can do with it via preview mode. Some codes (like removing frames) seemed to work fine but the huge black “Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com” footer irritates me a lot.
    I checked the Terms&Conditions so I’m aware that I can’t remove it or hide it. But I do not want to have it in a harsh color like black. I would love to change the color of it. But the codes I could find didn’t seem to work on the preview mode. If there is no possibility to change the color, I may not even get an upgrade. I would appreciate any help

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The following code will let you change the background color of the footer:

#colophon {
      background: #FFAAAA;  /* Use whatever color you like here */
    }

I noticed that there’s also a bit of a border on the bottom of the div above the footer, so if you want to adjust it you can use this code:

#main {
       border-bottom: 18px solid #eee;
    }

The first value sets the height of the border. The “solid” value makes the border solid (as opposed to “dotted” or “dashed”). The third value sets the color.

Of course, you’re welcome to leave that part alone, or you could hide the border completely by using “none” as the only value, like this:

#main {
       border-bottom: none;
    }

Hope this helps illustrate how much you can do with custom CSS!

• Thank you a lot for your time and for your help. It seemed to work completely fine. And I decided to keep the border but I changed it to 10 pixels and the color to blue. Thanks to your help, I decided to apply these changes by puchasing an upgrade. I will probably get it done in a few days.

• You’re welcome! Glad to hear!

• The topic ‘Footer Customization’ is closed to new replies.