FOLLOW Widget Shows the Wrong Count

• Thank you.

The FOLLOW widget on my blog shows only 2 followers. I should have more. That total of 2 is not an accurate register of those following my blog. How can I fix this? Thanks. https://resume4grads.wordpress.com/.

Gabriel

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, when I go to this Stats link for your site, I see two WordPress.com followers on the site you reference. I checked further and it appears that there are 12 pending followers as well, who will show up in the count after they respond to the email. There are three from the last 6 days and then nine that are 6 months old or older, so those are not likely to complete the subscribe process.

• Sacredpath,

Thank you. Great reply.

“. . .will show up in the count after they respond to the email.”

So those folks haven’t replied to the confirmation email sent by my site? Thanks.

Gabriel

• How do I change the number of followers in that widget? The number is stuck at 2 despite others having recently joined. I emailed one person who told me that he didn’t receive an email. So I don’t know what’s going on.

• @gabriel76, as I said, there are 12 pending that have not completed the subscribe process, including 3 from the last week. When those 3 complete the signup process, you will have 5 total. I’ve looked at this and can find no other subscribers than the ones you now have, and the 3 pending for the last week.

Did that number show as more earlier? I’m not seeing any evidence in the logs.

• Regarding your question, the number has remained the same: at 2 followers.

“as I said, there are 12 pending that have not completed the subscribe process. . . .”

Where, on what page do you see 12 pending?

“When those 3 complete the signup process, you will have 5 total.”

I emailed one of the 3 individuals, and he told me that he received no confirmation email or a double sign-in page.

I created another site last week whose number of followers started off, meaning defaulted upon launching the site, at 379. That seems pretty arbitrary to me and not a reliable record of any real visitors or viewers. So when I am not able to adjust inside the dashboard the number of people following me, I get an uneasy suspcision that there is something arbitrary and inaccurate about the numbers.

I need visual confirmation of the page that you’re looking at, the page where I can see those 12 pending subscribers.

Thank you.

• Hi, and thanks for the reply. I’ve looked into things further and also chatted with our Jetpack team, and I think the reason for the drop is that you no longer have your site connected to your social media services through Publicize. WordPress.com will include the followers on social media when you have them connected via Publicize since they are getting notification of your new blog posts via their social media accounts.

That is also likely the reason for the large beginning number of followers on the new site, as that site is probably connected via Publicize.

• I see, so when people follow me from Facebook or Instagram, those followers get registered at my WordPress.com site, is that it? Did not know that.

There’s got to be a way to track this. I will check that out. Thanks, thesacredpath.

• The topic ‘FOLLOW Widget Shows the Wrong Count’ is closed to new replies.