Feed pictures, tightening content sidebar, & full width posts!

• Firstly, you’ve helped me so much in the past – I just wanna thank you all for your tireless work in helping dummies like me who have painfully obvious & redundant questions.

Okay, 3-part question (prob solved with a little CSS):

1. The pics that I ‘set as featured image’ – they look great in my grid up top, but terrible once they find their way into my main feed. Is there a workaround here, or do I have to manually remove the featured image once they make it to the main feed? (As you can see, the main feed pics are bulky and off-set which is a no-no.)

2. The widgets on the right-side of the page: hoping to tighten them up like I’ve done with the widgets on the left-side of the page.

3. Click any of my posts: once it takes you to the post page it pretty much cuts the image in half and pulls the text to the right. How do I avoid this? Ideally, I’d like to center the pic as well as the text. Would a full-width page format solve this? I’ve tried to figure out how to create/post using the ‘full-width page’, but can’t seem to find it.

Thanks in advance – keep up the awesome work!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello,

Here are a few things you can add to your CSS Customization that may help.

1. For removing the featured image once the post reaches the main blog section of your front page add this text:

. home .entry-content p img {
    display: none;
    }

2. For tightening up your right side bar add this

.content-sidebar {
    width: 20%;
    }

.site-content {
    margin-left: 10%;
    margin-right: 10%;
    }

.site-content .entry-header, .site-content .entry-content, .site-content .entry-summary, .site-content .entry-meta, .page-content{
    max-width: none;
    width: 95%;
    }

I added this last bit in because once I changed the size of the right widgets the content looked a bit squished to me.

For the post page problem, the .content-sidebar and .site-content changes realign the location of your images as well. Check it out, but I think the change in alignment solves both problems 2 and 3.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

• Thank you so much for the reply. I implemented the CSS, and it’s almost perfect. However, I should have been a little more clear on what I meant by “tightening up” the right content sidebar.

Instead of squishing them flatter, I was hoping to draw each widget image closer together. Currently, there’s a little too much white background space between each widget. As you can see on the left sidebar, all of the image widgets are nice and close – hoping to achieve the same effect with the right sidebar.

Thanks again!

• My mistake, I see what you are looking for now.

To draw the widgets closer together add this text

.content-sidebar .widget {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    }

Should close the gaps between the items on the right of your site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Bingo! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you again for all your help!

• The topic ‘Feed pictures, tightening content sidebar, & full width posts!’ is closed to new replies.