Featured Images not displaying full size

• Hello, I tried resizing the featured images to all kinds of different sizes, ending with 1080×720. The same noticeable pixelation is there until I zoom my screen to a the correct resolution, at which point the photo unblurs. So I do not think resizing the photo resolves my issue. I’m not sure what else is going on?

This post currently has the 1080×720 featured image and you will notice the blur:

First National Bank Field
  • Again, there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the image quality on your site. Here is a screenshot of the featured image I see on the page linked;

This is within the Chrome browser.

With your current plan, there are no settings you can change in regard to image quality, but I can see the original image uploaded has a width of 1080; https://stadium51.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/grasshoppers-vs.-ironbirds-33-2.jpg

You may want to consider a larger source image. We do also have a general image optimization guide here;

WP
    Manage Your Site’s Media » Optimize Your Images
    4 min read
    To give your website visitors the best experience, it’s important for your website’s images to load quickly. This guide will show you how to optimize your images by decreasing the file size while retaining the image’s quality. Recommended Image Size A WordPress website can have any number of themes, layouts, and other factors that determine the recommended image size. Therefore, there’s no
  • Yes, the source image is 6000×4000. I resized it per the suggestions in the thread above.

Did you try zooming out or in to see if the resolution of that image changed? Like I said, the resolution determines whether the image is blurry or not. On some devices, the default resolution makes it display properly at first. On others, it displays incorrectly until you zoom in or out.

Not sure what cause this entire issue to start this week anyway. Does a reduction in image quality kick in once I upload a certain amount of images?

Also, would upgrading my plan allow me to change the resolution of the featured images to something greater than 1080p without changing the theme of my site?

• Could you please share a screen recording of the issue on your end, so that we can understand it better?

You may use these tools for screen recording:

Does a reduction in image quality kick in once I upload a certain amount of images?

No, we do not have any restrictions like that.

Also, would upgrading my plan allow me to change the resolution of the featured images to something greater than 1080p without changing the theme of my site?

No, the image resolution setting is not tied to the hosting plan on the site. Upgrading plan to a plan that supports plugins ( such as Creator plan ) will allow you to make use of site optimization features. You can learn more here: https://wordpress.com/support/performance-settings/

• I tried three different screen recording programs and all continually crashed my browser and device.

You can easily replicate the issue on your end by zooming in or out in your browser window until the image either becomes clear or, if it loads clear, until it becomes blurry. I have been able to demonstrate this on at least four devices over the last few days.

• Hey! I’m having a look at First National Bank Field, and while the image looks somewhat blurry whether I’ve zoomed in or not, I see that this image is 1080 by 720 pixels. You have another version of the same image in your media library that is 5026 by 3351 pixels. If you want, you can replace this image with the higher quality one by opening up the editor for that post, then go to the Featured Image section and click on “Replace” like shown here.

Beyond that, keep in mind that any time you zoom in on an image, it will eventually become blurry, since each image is made with a limited number of pixels.

• Yes, I am aware. Take a look at another post and you will see the issue I’m describing. That post is the one I replaced with the 1080×720 image, per the suggestions above in this thread. All other posts have an extremely large source image and the issue persists with them.

• Hello there,

Yes, I am aware. Take a look at another post and you will see the issue I’m describing. That post is the one I replaced with the 1080×720 image, per the suggestions above in this thread. All other posts have an extremely large source image and the issue persists with them.

I checked some of your recent posts, and I also did the Zoom to test, but same with my colleagues, I couldn’t see the blurry issue. You can see my screen below:

I am using a screen with Liquid Retina XDR display, so it can easily catch any blurriness.

I also want to share that the images you upload are optimized for the web. Using big images (more than 3000px) is not advisable on the web, as that can cause latency. You can find more information about this here: https://tiny-img.com/blog/best-image-size-for-website/

Reply to Featured Images not displaying full size