fail to count "max number of words in excerpt" if it is written in Trad.Chinese.

• As title.
    Wordpress failed to count the number of chinese words and show the complete post in the block.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Can you give a link to a specific post where we can see this?

And are you speaking of the manual post excerpt, or about the custom message for the Publicize feature that auto-shares your post to social media? I’m asking as I don’t see any reference of a max number of words in excerpt anywhere regarding the manual excerpt in the editor on my own sites.

It might help if, along with a link to a specific post, you can provide a screen shot showing what you’re speaking of. Upload that directly to your site’s media library, and we’ll be able to see it there.

• 回憶反思

Here you are. Scroll down and you will see the difference between a Chinese post and an English post.
    Thank you.

• Hello there,

Many thanks for that additional information there.

This is a known bug we’re working on fixing.

In the meantime, I would recommend inserting a More Block into the post at the point where you need to show an excerpt.

Please see more on the more block here: https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/more-block/

Many thanks for your patience while we work on that.

• The topic ‘fail to count "max number of words in excerpt" if it is written in Trad.Chinese.’ is closed to new replies.