Facebook Likes shows zero

• I did a quick search and got nowhere. I ‘m running Firefox 12 and while Twitter count works, Facebook Likes count just shows zero. I know they’re not zero because when I visit the same post on another PC running FireFox and IE … the counter works. On the same laptop where it wouldn’t show, IE works, shows the correct number of likes consistent with the other PC and also Safari on the iPad. I have Ad Block Plus, Social Fixer add-ons running and my antivirus is Microsoft Security Essential. Any idea what could be blocking the counter?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,
    I can’t help but I did flag this thread for Staff attention.

• Please try disabling all add-ons on the problem browser.

• I disabled all Add-ons and the problem remains. Here’s the thing I noticed – the FB Like count on other WordPress.com blogs works on the same problem browser. I clicked on random WP blogs featured on Freshly Pressed, all working.

• Have you tried any other browsers on the same computer?

http://browsehappy.com/

• The other browser I have is IE and everything works there, on the same laptop. The only other thing I can think of is maybe FireFox ‘performance tweaks’ from a while back that have been inherited through FF upgrades. I don’t recall what those tweaks are.

• I found the fix. Ran FireFox in SAFE mode and reset user preferences etc and Facebook Like sprang back to life. This also meant I lost all my Multi-row bookmarks that I have no backup of. Glad it’s fixed.

• The topic ‘Facebook Likes shows zero’ is closed to new replies.