F2A Authentication via Google Auth. Lost Due To New Phone (No backup codes!)

• Hello,

Unfortunately, I lost my Google Authenticator codes whenever I transferred my data from an old phone to a new phone. I failed to remember to grab the QR code transfer before I wiped the phone clean and sent it back for trade-in. Luckily, I remedied the situation with two websites I use authentication for, but I was unable to find backup codes for a website I do contract work for.

I really need help getting back into this account ASAP so I can get some work done on there. Is there any way to verify to WordPress who I am so I can log back in and change my F2A for my new phone so this isn’t a future problem? I can verify any personal details linked to the account on my end.

Thank you for your help!

~C

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there, the site you mentioned isn’t hosted here with us, so any extra authentication would be managed through your own copy of WordPress. If you’ve set that using a plugin or some setting on your server, can you contact support for the plugin or your host directly?

Going forward, these forums are primarily for sites that use our free-tier hosting. We’re a little different from the WordPress software itself. This article explains some of the differences.

You’ll want to create an account at WordPress.org so you’ll have access to the correct community for your site. Or, you’d be welcome to host here; your plan would get direct support.

I hope this helps!

• The topic ‘F2A Authentication via Google Auth. Lost Due To New Phone (No backup codes!)’ is closed to new replies.