EU Cookie Law widget

• At least with the Sketch them, the EU Cookie Law widget doesn’t work on the homepage, but only on pages where the sidebar is visible.
    How is it possible to fix this issue?
    Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Currently, the EU Cookie Law widget only appears on pages where your theme displays that widget area. (So in the Sketch theme, it will only appear on pages with the sidebar.) That’s because the widget relies on the widget area being visible on the page in order to show up there.

To make sure the widget displays on the home page, you will need to set up your site so that widget area is visible on your home page.

• Hello and thank you for your answer.

Still, you’ll understand that if someone chooses a theme with a Portfolio page template as a landing page like the Sketch theme, that will be possibly first of all, in order to have no side bar and a very big slider instead…

I won’t change the setting of the current homepage, nor I would be glad to change the theme at all.

Is there any way to get a footer widget area for that theme? That would fix everything. As I can see, the theme is by WordPress, so I cannot even ask some particular developer. I hope you can submit my request to the responsible people.

Thank you!

• Hi there,

I can certainly pass along your request for a widget area on the Sketch theme’s Portfolio page template. It is up to the theme’s creator to decide whether to add a new widget area like that, so they may or may not decide to add it. I’ll let you know when I hear back about that!

• Hi Rachel,

that sounds already as a good start! And I think that it should be in the theme’s creator interest to keep the Sketch theme ‘tasty’ also for EU-users…

Thank you!

• Hi there,

I heard back and there are no plans to change the Sketch theme (or other themes) to add new widget areas for this widget. I’ve updated our EU Cookie Law Widget support page to clarify that it will only appear on posts or pages where the widget area appears.

We’ll also keep this in mind in the future if we have an opportunity to change how the widget itself works. Thanks for your feedback!

• Hi Rachel,

that’s a real pity, but thank you anyway for this informations.

All the best

• The topic ‘EU Cookie Law widget’ is closed to new replies.