[Error] WebSocket connection to 'wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me

• Hello,

I have this error on every wordpress site i run, same does ALL of my friends who runs web/internet firms which delivers websites based on wordpress.

[Error] WebSocket connection to ‘wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data’ failed: Unexpected response code: 403

And this goes over and over in the dev source code fails:

[Error] WebSocket connection to ‘wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data’ failed: Unexpected response code: 403

And this:
    [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (nb.json, line 0)https://widgets.wp.com/languages/notifications/nb.json

All over our sites. We run every wordpress up tp date, plugins.

Ive seen this problem ALL over the web, on your support forums, GitHub, but no solutions!

I would really like a fix to this problem, dough it makes our sites slower.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

We’d be happy to help, but we require one vital piece of information. What is the URL of your website?

Bare in mind that if your websites uses the self-hosted version of WordPress rather than WordPress.com, you should post in the self-hosted forums or alternatively contact your hosting provider. Note the difference here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

Let us know this information and we’ll try and move forward. :)

• As i said, my link is https://lie.as and my friends who run business plans on wordpress.com have the same issues when it comes to the:

and

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (nb.json, line 0)https://widgets.wp.com/languages/notifications/nb.json

The hosting provider can’t be at blame here since they have other older versions of wordpress customers running who doesn’t have this issue. This came after some update of wordpress.

And i am aware of the difference of the com vs org.

• Apologies, I missed that. As this is beyond my knowledge, I’ve tagged WordPress.com staff to help you with this issue. You’ll likely receive a response within a few hours from a staff member. :)

• Thabnk you @torres126

Looking forward to hear what they have to say.

• Hi unknys,

lie.as is a Jetpack connected WordPress.org site (which gives you access to WordPress.com features). I think the error message is related to that plugin, so I recommend contacting the Jetpack support team for advice with troubleshooting as we can only help with sites hosted on WordPress.com here:

Contact Support

In the meantime, you could try deactivating the Notifications module on the site itself from Jetpack > Debug (footer) > Notifications to see if that makes a difference.

Business plan sites also have Jetpack enabled so please ask your friends to contact us here if they need help resolving an error message they are seeing.

Thanks!

• Hello,

I will do.

But the error message, websocket is trying to connect with wordpress. And same about widgets.wp.com. You sure both these things has to do with jetpack? Cause ive deactivated jetpack completely. And the same error messages comes up.

So before i go to jetpack i jus want to sure this is their issue.

• The debug tool is showing that the site is connected with Jetpack so I think moving to them directly is going to be the best next step to getting things sorted.

• But why does these and including wp.me and json NB error still shows when jetpack is completely off. I Even Get them on a site that never have runned jetpack.

• Hi again @unknys, I think you posted in the Jetpack forums about this as well as on Github, right? You’re in touch with the developers on the Github thread, so we recommend continuing conversation there.

• Noting too if the error message with the word Jetpack in it came up after you disabled Jetpack, you’ll want to clear your cache.

• The topic ‘[Error] WebSocket connection to 'wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me’ is closed to new replies.