Erase one specific site title

• Hi,

I would like to erase the page title “work” so it doesn’t show up as a title on the site. How can I do this?

Also how do I make the space between the page title and the content smaller?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there !

When you open your link you are having customize option at the right bottom of the page.
    Click on customize link, your site will be loaded again where you can add,edit or delete the labels. Here click on add items your all pages will be displayed and you will also get option to remove the page. Then save drafts.

Hope this helps.

Have a Good Day!

• Hi there,

Do you want to remove the word “Work” from the menu, do you want to remove that section from the front page, or do you want to delete the page entirely?

To only remove it from the menu, go to My Site ->Customize ->Menus ->Primary. Click on Work and remove it. Update the Customizer and it will no longer show that option in the menu.

To remove it from the front page, open the Customizer and click on Theme Options. The Work page is in Panel 3, so select that panel and change the assigned page or remove it.

You can delete the page from your site completely at My Site ->Pages.

• Hi again,

Thanks for the input!

I’m talking about the large page titles that are in brackets on the page. I can’t remove them or do anything with them.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work with customization. I can’t customize any page titles on the site (there are no blue editing pens on the page so I can’t pick any items). And there is no option either in the customization side bar to remove the page titles.

Can I remove it from the source code somehow? In which edit folder can I find the page titles? Or can I do it through CSS maybe?

• I’m talking about the large page titles that are in brackets on the page. I can’t remove them or do anything with them.

So you want the panels to appear, but you don’t want the titles to be visible on the panels? To do that you’ll need CSS, yes.

This should do it:

/*
    Hide page titles from displaying on front page panels
    */
    .home h2.entry-title {
    	display: none;
    }

For more help with CSS, we have a dedicated CSS forum here:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forums/css-customization

And as a Premium Plan owner you can also get CSS support via live chat, here:

https://wordpress.com/help/contact

• Thanks a lot! It worked!

Is there anyway to keep the last page title ‘contacts’ at the bottom?
    Can I choose to keep some titles?

• You can by excluding specific pages:

/*
    Hide page titles from displaying on front page panels
    */
    .home article:not(.post-27) h2.entry-title {
    	display: none;
    }

This will not necessarily work on all browsers, though.

• The topic ‘Erase one specific site title’ is closed to new replies.