Email – Zoho / Improv MX

• Hi,

I added nameservers via my domain registrar to point traffic to my WordPress site – but it kicked the third party mail forwarding system I was using (ImprovMX) out of whack: delete MX/TXT settings and my domain registrar says I must do this with my DNS host (WordPress). I need to register email (either ImprovMX or I’m now thinking of opting for Zoho, but I still haven’t decided) to my WordPress site.

I’d like to know:
    – How can I add Zoho MX and TXT records in WordPress? And is this different from using the Zoho plugin? (Is it free btw?)
    – Is this the same process for ImprovMX/third party email services – i.e. adding MX and TXT records?

Please provide step-by-step instructions as I can’t find this anywhere on the site.

For context: I have a WordPress plan and my domain name is mapped onto my WordPress site.

Thanks.

• Hi there :)

Currently, Zoho Mail “Free” is free for up to five email accounts and does not require signing up with a credit card.

The process is similar but not quite the same. Check the step by step here:

https://wordpress.com/support/add-email/add-email-through-zoho-mail/

Let us know if you are still having trouble.

• Hey there, you can add MX or TXT records as needed, for any service, using these steps:

Manage Your DNS Records

You will need to map the domain to our services first (this is free with any paid plan), then update the DNS settings on our end, and then update the name servers from your domain registrar.

If you need any help with this, let us know.

• The topic ‘Email – Zoho / Improv MX’ is closed to new replies.