email privacy

• I want to put a comment on someone else’s blog, one I do not already know. I know that when I comment, it means the blog-owner can email me with reply, and they can read my email address. I am worried if I leave a comment on an unknown blog that I may be exposing my email to anyone, without my having any idea who they are, especially new followers for example. I would like to reply to them but also feel safe in the first instance.

Surely others feel this too? When is a follower a follower and not a stalker?

At the same time, I do want to be able to continue to comment on blogs that I have chosen to follow and already comment on regularly without difficulty. I do not want to mess around with free hotmail or yahoo addresses.

Am I asking too much? Is there a way where I can keep my email private in the first few exchanges until I am sure the new follower is genuine?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Is there a way where I can keep my email private in the first few exchanges until I am sure the new follower is genuine?

No. What most of us do is keep our personal email address private and share it only with family and close friends. For our blogs we get a different email address from a free email procider like gmail or Yahoo and that one is used only in connection with our blogs.

• The topic ‘email privacy’ is closed to new replies.