editing menu list

• On my homepage at multiracialunity.org there is a list of Blog Posts, all that have ever been written in chronological order. It is apparently limited to 150 entries even though there would be room for more. If the number of entries cannot be expanded, I would like to be able to be scroll down, which does not work even though this feature is turned on. If neither can be done, then would like to be able to change order of entries or delete some. None of your instructions about how to edit seem to apply when I try an follow them.

• Hi, I see you’ve got a list of 150 recent posts in your Blog Posts widget. It’s scrolling just fine here, but I have to admit, even on a large screen that’s a bit of an unwieldy list for a sidebar.

There are several ways you could go about listing posts there. If you’ll let us know your end goal, or what types of posts you intend to show there, we can likely help you find some options. So send more details and we’ll go from there.

• We have the posts divided into categories in another area but liked having them all listed on the sidebar. Is it possible to increase the number shown above 150? If not, I could just eliminate some from this list and have them in the archived category, but is there any way to choose which ones? I have gone to the categories list for individual posts and erased the blog posts check box under categories and added archived. They get put in archived but not erased from blog posts list. What happens now is the oldest ones just disappear from the bottom of the list as new ones are added, but those aren’t necessarily the ones we’d want to lose. Also, Is there any way to change the order of posts listed without changing their dates?

• No, that’s definitely the limit.

What you might want to do instead is include a link to your Posts Page somewhere, and maybe just cut that widget down to 10 so it’s just the most recent.

• I already have a recent posts link. Is it possible to find out how to edit the list, if possible?

• No, as that is just a list of recent posts, it cannot be editor.

• The topic ‘editing menu list’ is closed to new replies.