Edin Theme – Related Posts

• Hello there,

I have been working on the re-design of the Related Posts box that appears at the end of each of my blog posts.

1. Thumbnail size

I understand that the size of the thumbnails can be altered in jetpack-related-posts.php according to this guide.

However, is it possible to do it with CSS codes instead, please?

2. Headline

As you may be able to tell, I have changed my div#jp-relatedposts h3.jp-relatedposts-headline as I followed the instructions provided here.

May I enquire if I could set conditions to however the headline is displayed, please?

For instance, when the Category is “English”, then a headline in English is displayed; whereas for Category=”中文” (Chinese), then a Chinese headline is shown accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your time.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @thelanguaginglab, these forums are for the free sites using our managed hosting service, which can be quite different from running your own WordPress installation at another host.

Would you mind posting in the correct forum to reduce confusion?
    https://wordpress.org/support/theme/edin

Generally speaking though:

If you’re downsizing, you can most likely do it with CSS. If you’re making the images bigger, CSS alone won’t help much.

• Hi @supernovia, thank you for your reply. I am, however, not entirely sure what you meant by my site being run at another host as my own WordPress installation. As far as I am concerned, my site is fully hosted with WordPress.com with a Premium plan. Is it because I paid for an upgrade (thus my site is not free as you pointed out) that I am not eligible to use these forums, please?

• Hi there,

I understand that the size of the thumbnails can be altered in jetpack-related-posts.php according to this guide.

Yes. You can use the following code:

@media screen and (min-width: 1230px) {
    .single-post .content-area {
        width: 540px;
    }
    }

Adjust the width value to your liking.

May I enquire if I could set conditions to however the headline is displayed, please?

This cannot be done with CSS. You’ll need to either fiddle with the theme’s or Jetpack’s files directly. However, you cannot do that on WordPress.com as it’s a fully managed hosting solution.

• The topic ‘Edin Theme – Related Posts’ is closed to new replies.