Dynamic/Rolling/Updated Blogroll (like in Blogspot/Blogger)

• I haven’t found (or missed?) a thread for a blogspot-like blogroll, so am starting one here.

I saw the post earlier this year from WordPress over at The Daily Post on how to build a better blogroll. It offers good tips, but still, I can’t help but envy the blogroll gadget over at blogspot where the blogroll gets updated automatically with the latest published articles from the blog list.

Personally, I like this (blogspot) feature because:
    – it allows me to discover other active blogs related to the one I landed on
    – the snippet gives me a quick taste of what I can expect from the other blogs. I know it’s possible to add a description for the links on WordPress, but it’s also nice to let the reader judge for him/herself.
    – it makes the blogroll more alive, not just a static list of links

For users who simply want to keep track of their favorite links, the WordPress.com blogroll widget may be just fine, but for those who want to share a passion/topic with other readers, I feel that the blogspot blogroll is really a plus, somehow, it feels more engaging.

I’ve found other users asking about this feature, so I imagine there must be more out there. If you’re one of them, please, join the cause :)

• The topic ‘Dynamic/Rolling/Updated Blogroll (like in Blogspot/Blogger)’ is closed to new replies.