Domain Transfer and Email

• Hello-
    I currently own the domain fiction-non-fiction.com, I am mapping it to wordpress from Weebly. I do not want the domain to be mapped anymore through Weebly because I’d rather streamline my account through wordpress only, and I am having trouble setting up my email account through Google apps in wordpress (website verification). Is there a simple way to ditch the domain on Weebly and set it up in wordpress without mapping? I’m looking to discontinue my account with Weebly altogether and go wordpress only.

Thanks,
    Joe

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you buy your domain directly through Weebly, or through a domain provider like GoDaddy? If it’s a provider you should be able to log in to your account and adjust the settings to direct your domain to your WordPress site.

• Is there a simple way to ditch the domain on Weebly and set it up in wordpress without mapping?

WordPress.com does not currently accept incoming domain transfers, so your only option is to transfer your domain to a different, accredited domain registrar and continue with the mapping to your WordPress.com website.

Just FYI-Domain transfers can only happen after the 60 day waiting period for new domains that ICANN imposes.

and I am having trouble setting up my email account through Google apps in wordpress (website verification)

If you already have an account with Google Apps, use these steps to configure email https://en.support.wordpress.com/add-email/add-email-through-google-apps/

Let us know if you need more help with any of that.

• The topic ‘Domain Transfer and Email’ is closed to new replies.