Domain mapping with Blogger plan

• Hi,

could you, please, tell me if I can map my own domain if I upgrade my plan to Blogger (3 Eur/month)?

Also, if I upgrade my account with one of the paid plans, does it mean I can map all the other blogs that are created with the same account?

Thank you very much!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, if you wish to map an existing domain, you’ll need to upgrade to the Personal plan. To the best of my knowledge, the Blogger plan only includes registering a new, custom .blog domain.

All plans are paid for a year (or two ) in advance at check out and are refundable up to 30 days from purchase on everything except custom domain registration, which needs to be cancelled within 48 hours of purchase.

Also, all plans are per site, per year and not per account. Each site needs to have its own upgrade plan.

However, you can map additional domains to the same WordPressdotcom website, once you have purchased a plan, at an additional yearly charge per mapped domain. I can’t locate the information on the additional charge, so I’ve also tagged this thread for Staff input.

Hope that answers your questions, but let us know if we can help with any further information.

• To the best of my knowledge, the Blogger plan only includes registering a new, custom .blog domain.

This is correct.

And, as long as you’re using one of the other paid plans, you’re welcome to map your existing domains to that site. We used to charge $13 per extra map, but now that’s free. If you want to register extra domains you can do that, too. Just note you’ll need to pay for registration and renewal fees.

• Thanks for that information @supernovia. Noted. :)

• Thank you for your help here, as always!

• Thanks for your answers. Do I understand correctly that ifI purchase a plan, called Personal, with my account, I get to map a domain to my blog for free and, also, domain mapping for my other page of the same account would be cheaper as well (how much would that cost?)? Or will I have to pay another 60 Euros and purchase the Personal plan again, if I want to map a domain to my other blog of the same wordpress account?

• We don’t have a multi-site discount, and each site would need its own plan. But you can map multiple domains to a single site.

• Similar question: I currently have a free plan and have already paid for domain mapping for one domain. If I upgrade to the ‘Blogger’ plan, will I still be charged an additional $13/year for domain mapping, on top of the $36 for the plan? Thanks!

• Hi @woodgrainfarm,

I see that you have recently upgraded to the Personal plan. On every plan (except for the Blogger plan) you can map as many domains as you like without paying anything extra.

Regarding the Blogger plan, you can only register a new .blog domain and not map or transfer any other domain.

• Thanks. This is for another site for a not-for-profit I manage, not my main site.

We have already paid the $13 domain mapping, and have mapped the domain to our account presently under the ‘free’ plan. If we upgrade to the ‘Blogger’:

Will the domain mapping still function?

And, will we be charged an additional $13/year, or is $13 a one-time fee?

Basically we just need to remove the ads, but have a limited budget.

Many thanks!

• The blogger plan does not support mapped domains. But if you’ll upgrade to personal using the account that currently has a grandfathered domain mapping plan, you’ll likely get a discount for that, too.

• Thanks@supernovia, just a couple weeks ago I upgraded my site from free w/domain mapping to personal for $28 for the year (I was automatically offered a $20 discount on the $48 annual fee).

Now when I try to do the same for another site I manage, also free w/domain mapping, the charge is $60 with no discount offered…

Has the price just gone up, and why no discount for domain mapping? Site is nooaca.wordpress.com

Thanks!

• Now when I try to do the same for another site I manage, also free w/domain mapping, the charge is $60 with no discount offered…

Hmm, are you sure you didn’t click on Premium?

Generally you would get some kind of discount off the standard price, based on these factors:

– whether your account owns the existing upgrade (hence my suggestion above)

– how soon the existing upgrade is due to renew

• The topic ‘Domain mapping with Blogger plan’ is closed to new replies.