Do I have to transfer domain registration to use Hover.com for email?

• I’ve read the WordPress help page on adding “other” email services to a domain registered with wordpress. I’m looking at using Hover.com for email. Do you know if that service will work or must I transfer the domain registration to them?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• WordPress.com should have no blockers on their end if you choose to register the domain with WordPress.com.

When you have registered a custom domain with WordPress.com, you can use the Domains page https://wordpress.com/domains/manage to configure your new email account.

Click on Namservers and DNS > DNS records > select the type of record you’d like to add from the dropdown. Enter the information as provided by your email provider (Hover.com) and add the new DNS entry.

This should successfully configure your new Hover.com-powered email inbox with your domain on WordPress.com.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

• Hi there,

I can confirm you should be able to use Hover’s email even if your domain is registered with or mapped to us. As long as we support the DNS records Hover requires (and we support all the record types typically required for email), you should be able to add them here.

Let me know if you need any help with adding the DNS records themselves, though you can find detailed instructions in the support doc you mentioned above.

• The topic ‘Do I have to transfer domain registration to use Hover.com for email?’ is closed to new replies.